We can give you the right advice on the choices available to you once you decide to make your software or website international. Before you even take the very first steps along the internationalization road you will have a number of decisions to make. We can help you:
- Decide what languages and locales you need
- Find localizable text and images in your source code
- Decide your localization approach
- Identify what needs localization: in your code, in your CMS or in your HTML.
- Decide broad test conditions – operating systems/browsers, etc.
- Integrate the right localization workflow into your development environment, using the right technology
Once you've defined the scale and scope of your task, you can begin estimating the effort your internationalization process will require. Here are some of the things you'll need to consider:
- Getting your source language right
- Creating an inventory of your localizables
- Making your code localization-friendly
- Checking whether you need scripts, etc.
- Drawing up your localization workflow
- Deciding on formatting changes
- Leveraging any internationalization features contained within your existing software architecture
We can provide you with the tools you need to cover each of these points efficiently and effectively. With our help you'll set out on your internationalization journey with clear objectives and under the best possible conditions for producing consistent quality communication with the minimum of effort – for every update and every new release.
Together with our software development partners, we can even take over the entire task of internationalizing your web or software code, so that you can concentrate on your core competencies.