Language Landscapes: your one-stop provider of quality internationalization
Welcome to Language Landscapes, your provider of internationaIized communication on the web. We provide everything you need to ensure that you're speaking the language of your customers.
You need to be sure that your internet presence and printed publications communicate effectively and professionally, and that your message doesn't get lost in translation.
We provide that security.
Translation of your text is a two-way process. We ask you the right questions and actively encourage your feedback because we are as passionate about our translation as you are about your product or service.
We are a small team based in Berlin and we take pride in being personally involved with all the translations and adaptations for which we are responsible. Unlike agencies, which field out work to hundreds of freelance translators, we prefer to concentrate on the English and German languages, using only tried and trusted language professionals and coordinating them to ensure that they work together with maximum efficiency to achieve maximum quality.
The localisation of your text is a process which involves much more than merely translating the words on the page. It’s the steps taken before and after the translation stage which can make a decisive difference to its quality.
You may only need our services for one project. Or you may prefer to develop a longer term relationship with us. In the latter case, we can build up a terminology database specific to your business, which means faster translation turnaround, discounts for volume and repetition and long-term customer satisfaction. The translation memory system that we develop specifically for your business ensures that you never have to pay twice for a single translation. The "fuzzy matching" system also ensures consistency in style for your branding texts.
We can help you ensure that your brand's message is pitched the way you want it to be.
Through our use of the latest translation memory technology, our communication with you, our understanding or your needs and our attention to detail, we can guarantee not just accuracy of translation, but also that your brand is pitched in a consistent, well-targeted, professional style.
Quality dimensions in localization
- Completeness – The localized software user interface or website should not show any text in any other language than the one set. No text or image resources should be missing in the selected target language.
- Relevance – All content in the target language should be relevant to the target audience.
- Formatting – All the localized resources should fit comfortably and tidily into the space available for them in the target language version of the website or software user interface.
- Translation quality – The translations in the localization should conform to the five dimensions of quality in translation.
- Cultural fit – The localized software user interface or website should not contain any content that makes it inappropriate for any of its target locales. Equally, it should contain all content required in the target locale (due to local regulations or cultural expectations).
Quality dimensions in translation
- Accuracy – The translation should express the meaning of the original text accurately.
- Correctness – The grammar, spelling and punctuation of the text should be correct.
- Consistency – The terminology, punctuation and style used should be consistent.
- Elegance – The content should be expressed suitably, fluently and elegantly.
- Effectiveness – The effect of the text on its target reader should be as close as possible to that intended by the writer of the original.